Mastering the Consultation


Have you ever found yourself talking in circles during a consultation? We have all been there, and I find the longer a consultation goes on, the harder it is to create a result the guest is pleased with. Whenever I get into challenging consultations, I mentally take a step back and start from the beginning with a few basic questions. They always seem to help the guest clarify what they want. Here are a few of my go to questions.


1. What do you like about your hair?
2. What would you change about your hair?
3. What is your daily styling routine?
4. How often are you willing to come into the salon for maintenance?

These questions are also helpful when a guest uses a lot of photos in the consultation. It helps narrow down what they specifically like about an image. When I narrow that down, I will search for a photo I think best reflects what they are looking for.

Typically by the time the guest has answered these questions I have a clearer idea of what they want, and importantly what will work for their lifestyle. I use these with new guests and returning guests looking for a change, but have a hard time defining what they want. I hope they help in your next consultation!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ho-Ho-Ho- Happy- Holidays Tips

Festive holiday makeup

Stay healthy during cold season!